Saturday, February 3, 2018

Sisters Birthday - Foil Embossing


I made this card for my sisters birthday, I don't think of her as a typical flowery girl (lady) but wanted something with a bit of colour.  I embossed different colours of foil I have in my stash.  Then put them together like patchwork on the card.  I found that if I stuck sticky tape on the rear of the foil pieces as I worked out where they were going I could trim each piece to the size I wanted to fit the card front.  I thought I had finished but it just didn't look right so I tried each section with a black line sticker.  I think this made it pop.


9 comments:

  1. Very gorgeous card Merry and the black liner really highlights the sections..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Merry, lovely colourful layout..mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this patchwork of embossed foil .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Merry. This is gorgeous and certainly makes an impact.. The black as you say makes each piece really pop. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright embossed foils.Wonderful card. Thanks for popping in and commenting on my card.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Merry, this cards sure is bright and happy. I am sure you sis loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Stranger! What a surprise hearing from you! Love this stained glass looking card and yes that black looks like leading between pieces of glass. Hope your sis enjoyed this card as much as you did making it for her. Thank you for stopping in at my craft blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Merry I want to thank you so much for popping by my blog it was so lovely to see you had visited, I love, love this beautiful colourful creation, amazing work, I am glad you have found your love of sewing I look forward to seeing your products, I am not around in blogger much these days and have decided to take a break but I hope to visit again soon
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fab - I love it. Pinning it for future inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails