Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April Craftmad Card Swap - Acetate


Our April Swap at Craftmad was all about acetate.  Visit our Pinterest Album to see what everyone else came up with.  

I decided to make a magic slider card, it's been years since I have made one.  Now I remember why, although I enjoy the whole making and creating, I just don't feel the card is quite finished and wasn't sure what else I could do.  Anyways, it was fun.  I stamped the pink card with Stampin Up - Creative Elements flourish.  The flower image is also from the same set.  I followed this tutorial over at Splitcoast Stampers.  I added the little flower and sentiment to the bottom corner as I thought it was too plain without it.  For some reason I used a pice of scrap white paper which had the gold spritz on it from the inner tag.  I think card stock would have looked better.


This is the slider as it's being pulled out.  Sadly I was over zealous when deleting unwanted photos and do not have a photo of the entire image and sentiment. Grrrrr.   So the pull out tag, I coloured the image with my copics, spritz with gold, stamped a sentiment from the Creative Elements set which I stamped on an angle….grrr again. :-)  Added a butterfly in the hope that everyone's eye is drawn to that and don't notice the slant of the sentiment.  I will ask my swap partner for a photo when she receives it then update my post.


I found a card on Pinterest which I had to try - original card at Mel's Card Corner.
A fun card to put together and I love the end result.  I have the same patterned paper on the inside to cover up the tape which is holding the card stock in place on the acetate.  Actually, I used overhead projector sheets which I claimed from the local school as they were going to toss a box full as overhead projectors are a thing of the past. 

Wishing you a fantastic day full of smiles.



7 comments:

  1. Both lovely cards Merry, what a shame about the other pics,hope your swap pal can do some for you.....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Merry two wonderfully designed cards the use of acetate is brilliant, loving that flower stamp also the gorgeous colours. I hope to be around again in blogland soon but the house move proved more traumatic that I thought it would be hence my absence, I hope to rejoin you all very soon
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful cards and very clever designs Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these designs but especially lov ethe pink one. Never made a magic slider card but it will have to wait till I have time on my hands!!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic slider card Merry. the second card is also beauitiful..loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are so cool Merry. I made a magic slider long back but it was too simple and not at all as pretty as yours
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails