Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hello card


This is the sketch challenge over at Craftmad for February.


At the beginning of 2014 I decided I would do up some fun cards and send to our son on a regular basis thinking it is always nice to receive snail mail that isn't a bill.  Well, I think I made three. :-)  So am attempting again this year.  Thought it would be a good way to put the sketches to use from over at Craftmad and also use items in my stash that I have had forever but are just too good to toss or pass on.   So this is my version of the sketch above.  I started with some orange gloss card stock.....orange is really not my thing thats why it has sat for so long.  Then some black glitter card stock from Blue Edge Crafts.  A scrap of the orange gloss card stock which I have used some left over rub-on letters.  Another scrap of card stock on which I have written in gold pen different ways to say hello.  A pre cut  black circle and the cork lettering stickers for the word Hi!.  Across the top of the card I placed a little washi tape border.

It's a wet old day here today, so hoping to catch up on some blogging and some crafting. 

Have a fun weekend everyone.




6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Merry I love the colours that you have used and that glitter card a super take on the sketch
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch Merry and super vibrant colours.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet mother you are! I am sure he would love to receive this card in snail mail.

    I apologise for not answering your email. Life has been too hectic with new schools and our apartment which had some issues etc. And I am missing my friends in Jakarta so much.

    Lots of love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Merry l'm loving the colours so vibrant x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea!! Im sure he will love them all!!
    Love the colors and the gold letters!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails