Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dare to Get Dirty - Unstampabelles


This month I am trying a new angle at Unstampabelles….I am going to enter the latest challenge. :-)  The challenge is 'Dare to get Dirty'.  Not something I do a great deal when making cards but since Tracey's projects at the Craftmad get together last year I have enjoyed using a little more ink.  There is an added twist to this challenge which is to document your dirty adventure but I forgot to take photos so will have to do another project later in the month.

Again I have finally completed a kit that Kaye made for us at the Craftmad get together.  I loved putting all these pieces together.  The 'dirty' part….. I inked around all the edges of the tag, and the body form. I also inked the bobbin as that started as Kraft card, so I did get messy fingers with this one.  I then wrapped the thread around the bobbin and attached all the wonderful bits and bobs.


This is the card I made with the tag.  I found this very appropriate background paper that had squares asking for some cross stitches to be drawn on.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


11 comments:

  1. Merry, I love the sewing stuff you have added to this tag and then the cross stitch on the card too. Great colors and design going on here as well. Thanks for joining in the fun at Unstampabelles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who dares wins!! love your cotton reel effect. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry, I just love this! I hate to sew...but am always drawn to sewing stamps, accessories, etc. I love incorporating them in vintage projects. So glad you had time to join us in our "messy" theme this week at Unstampabelles!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, love all the dimensions on it too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely. Great idea. Thank you for joining the challenge at Unstampabelles. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card! Reminds me of Tim Holtz! By the way, Dee Gruenig always recommended wearing plastic kitchen gloves to keep the manicured fingers clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our UNSTAMPABELLES challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this Merry - all the different elements are fantastic.

    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails