Monday, November 4, 2013

Unstampabelles Challenge #29 - Vellum DT Creation


This month at Unstampabelles we are playing with Vellum.  Be sure to visit Unstampabelles to see what the Design Team have created.  Christmas cracker, flowers, pergamano all are beautiful.

I found a wonderful tutorial by Kara which I used for these fun Christmas Stocking Gift Bags.  I think I will be making another one to add to these two and give to the ladies at the school tuckshop as a thank you this year from the P&C.

I started with white spotted vellum and machine stitched to pieces together in a stocking shape.  The holly leaves I hand cut from some green Bazzil card stock, the holly berries are peals colured with R29 Copic Pen.


This stocking topper I tried some red 'flock' that I have had in my stash for ages.  So in real life it has a lovely soft velvety feel.


This topper I embossed in a quilted pattern and then added leftover gold sticker to each join of the pattern. 

Come on over to Unstampabelles and enter so I can see your wonderful creation.

This months prize is from one of our Design Team members - Beth



15 comments:

  1. Love the 2nd one with the embossing and gold dots, your stitching is SO much better than mine would ever be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stockings are so pretty!
    Love the embossing and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning to you, just popping in for my virtual and generic c/p visit to see your latest creations, say hello and hope you have a good week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry love the colors on this one and the super use of vellum
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    These stockings are darling. Both lovely but the second one looks really neat with the embossing and the tiny stickers. Just super.
    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Merry..........Totally stunning stockings your so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet, My daughter uses something similar on each place setting on the Christmas supper table.

    Yiu can tuck a quote in each one or a small gift,

    Yours are so pretty,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love vellum, great stockings! They are awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Merry - what a great idea too. Love both the flocking top and the quilted version and am curious what the third one looked like too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy smokes (or maybe I should say "holly socks" *snicker*), Merry, these are fantastic! I love 'em! That quilting pattern with the gold stickers is especially awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the spotted vellum. The gold dots on the embossed topped are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, I LOVE these Merry - what a fantastic idea. We give alot of gift cards at Christmas so something like this would be perfect.

    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Merry! they are so darn cute. and so easy to do. I'll be casing these for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow!! love how you have used the vellum. Very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What is vellum in crafts ?
    I will be highly obliged if sombody enlightned me on the use of vellum in this challenge
    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails