Monday, October 21, 2013

Craftmad Meet Up 2013 - Jan's projects

Today I want to share the creations I made using Jan's kits at our Craftmad meet up first weekend of October.  First off is this twisted easel card.  I love all the gold which is just card stock from the local newsagents.  We started with pearl card stock and rubbed on some distress inks.  Heavier on the edges and lighter towards the centre.  Then added all these wonderful dies.

For this card we sandwiched a lattice die cut in between the card front and the white cardstock which had a circle cut out.  We then attached the blue circle and purposely put it off centre.  I like this effect and should have made it a little more off centre like Jan had done.  Jan loves flowers so we added a whole bunch.  Not my normal style as I am always thinking of what can go in the mail.  When my Mum saw this card she liked the fact that only three corners were embellished with the die cuts.


This was a very smelly....but nice smelly activity.  So love the end result.  Quick but so pretty.  We started with a bar of soap in our case 'Dove' wrapped it in lace, secured with pins.  Then adorned it with all these lovely flowers, leaves, ribbon, pearls and butterfly the hot glue gun was used to attached al of these.

You can see everyone else's version of these kits in our Craftmad Meet Up photo album.




8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards!! Love the details and love that decorated bar of soap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards ! I loved the embellishment cluster on soap a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours on both cards but the soap idea is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the different styles of all of your projects, you can really see each persons flair in each!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed making these projects and the soaps are an excellent gift idea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails