Monday, October 14, 2013

Craftmad Card Swap - Things with Wings


Hi everyone, hope you had a great weekend.  We did, not that we went anywhere just achieved a couple of things.  Finally hung some artwork and photos on our newly painted walls.  Since we had painted the walls white we took this time to change what we have had hanging on our walls for the past 15 years.  There is so much available, it was a challenge narrowing down to just a few ideas.  We have gone with a couple of canvas of prints and a photo that my husband took put onto canvas.  Now just waiting for some of our photos that are framed with acrylic.  The first ever lounge that we owned has always been our favourite was recovered the week before last when I was in Brisbane.  So last week I bought some fabric and cushion inserts as I just can't come at paying $20 - $30 for a cushion.  I made four cushions $11ea....so happy.  Yes, I keep walking around our house at the moment with a smile as it is just like moving into a new place but with the same wonderful location.  We are also getting the outside of our house painted which has been a yellow/cream with green verandah poles and maroon guttering.  Changing this to Charcoal poles and guttering and a light taupe colour for the house.  Jeff the painter started today....looking good already. :-)

So the card above I made for my August Swap partner over at Craftmad.  The theme of the swap was 'Thing with Wings'.  I have used Stampin Up cardstock and design papers.  The butterfly also came from a Stampin Up set.  The leaf die is from Spellbinder and only the second time I have used it.  You can't see in the photo but there is a touch of pink bling on each scallop down the side.

Thanks for passing on by.

8 comments:

  1. This is a BEAUTIFUL card Merry.....with wings ☺☺☺.
    Hugs Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully bright and Summers card Merry, not that I am envious you have it ahead as we drift into Winter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty butterfly card!

    You'll have to share pics of your lovely artwork and cushions soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Merry, you can never go wrong with that butterfly stamp, love it! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cheerful design. Love the pink and green.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Merry. Sounds like you're really enjoying your new "project". Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails