Monday, September 2, 2013

DT Card for Unstampabelles Challenge #27 - Using Scraps and Old Stash




Hi everyone, another month, another week and another challenge at Unstampabelles.  This month the challenge is to use Scraps and old Stash.  Our sponsor is Craftmad, a wonderful crafting forum that I have belonged to since May 2005.  Lovely ladies to chat craft with and we have swaps (recipe, card, sewing, quilt blocks) and card sketch challenges each month.   So Craftmad being Unstampabelles sponsor this month worked in my favour as I needed to do up two cards for the August Card Swap the theme was 'Things with Wings' (see gallery of swaps here).  So this was the starting point for my Unstampabelles card.  I found these cute bear stickers in my stash.  I have had them for years and am down to my last sheet now.  So once I found the stickers I then new what colour theme to find in my scraps box.  I decided on a patchwork effect and layered some cardstock behind the bees.  The 'Hello' was in my stash and I was lucky enough to receive this from a fellow crafter but sadly I can't remember who.  If it was you, please let me know.

The house is in the final stages of being completed.  The builder is here for the final time today, freaking my dog out.  Over time with nail guns and drills, Scruff has become a little nervy.  So like now while they work on the gutter I have to sit in one spot so that Scruff can hide and relax near my feet.  So figured I may as well be on the computer and catch up on some things.  I will post photos soon of our renos.  Probably next week when we have the carpet in.

Well hope you all have a wonderful week and find time to play with your Scraps and Old Stash.  Please visit Unstampabelles to see how clever the rest of the Design Team has been.

Oh, to entice you a little more this is the prize on offer from CRAFTMAD.



10 comments:

  1. Todella kaunis kortti, tulee tähteistäkin :)Mukavaa viikkoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Merry,
    This is a LOVELY and SWEET card.....very BEAUTIFUL.
    Hugs Wilma ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super use of those scraps Merry and really like the soft colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Merry, i like the sweet images,and the design, great use of your scraps.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little guys are darling! Really great use of scraps and super cute to boot! :-) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute as cute can Bee. Ooops! couldn't resist that. My cards haven't been received yet so will be a while before I can show them.
    You have some lovely snippets in your box. mind if I have a good rummage!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, how adorable your card is Merry! Just love those little bees :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Images are so cute and the paper scraps combine so well in colour and patterns ..I have that little hello die ..
    Beautiful creation , Merry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use up scraps! Glad to hear your house is almost done, I bet you can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails