Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Owl - Brenda's Card (Floral Fantasies)


I follow a lovely lady named Brenda and her blog Floral Fantasies .  Brenda is celebrating her 4th year blogaversary plus the fact she is coming close to 4000 followers.  Imagine having that many followers.....yes, Brenda is a busy lady and always has at least one card a day to share and they are always beautiful.

Now Brenda is offering a prize in honour of this celebration and part of the entry criteria is to create something based on Brenda's blog, either her header, her cards, her techniques, her dogs.  I have always admired her brayered scenes that she creates and was determined that this year I would have a try.  What better time than now.

So I have used white gloss card and grabbed my brayer that I think has only ever been used once before years ago.  I wanted to create an evening sky for this beautiful 3D Die Cut Owl from Blue Edge Crafts so I had to use my Stampin Up inkspots.  Not the best thing for brayering but I got there in the end.  I used Bashful Blue, Lavender Lace and Perfect Plum I used a circle to mask for the moon.  Then added some vine stamped images to help create the scene.  Finished with the tiny gold star stickers.  Then layered the scene up on black and lavender linen textured card stock.

Closes 8th April


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and Fabulous image Merry..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl is super cute and your background is perfect .You should be very pleased it's a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and so creative!!
    Love the background and love that owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Merry you have captured the night time scene so perfectly ...love that owl sticker and those tiny little stars they are the perfect touch for your lovely background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Merry,

    I am so pleased to hear you cracked open the brayer box and look what a fab job you did with it.

    I love the purple hues and the fact that there is also a moon really makes me happy and owls always raise a smile so all in all your card ticks all my boxes.

    I am so please that you found time to join in my blog celebration and thank you for your kind words and friendship.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhhh....Merry what a lovely card.
    Wonderful work..*wow*

    Die little owl is cute and the colour is a dream..

    Wish you a great easter week..
    Many greetings from
    your slowly swan ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Merry I like the colour and the owl.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! I loved the sky so much !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there,
    This owl is one of the sweetest I have seen to date. Love her fancy clothes and her eyes. What a lovely colour scheme and I like the stamping of vines and the tiny stars in gold look so elegant. SUPER card.
    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Owl is so nice, and the moon light, very, ery nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the card is really pretty! great job on the braying using ink spot. love the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fantastic card, I love the brayered background. The owl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Merry this is absolutely fantastic, I love the brayered background also that image of the Owl a super, super card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete







  14. I like everything about this card, the background, the colours and that cute owl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Merry,
    What a seriously gorgeous card, oh I love it, really I do....
    I can not even begin to imagine having that many followers, think I would faint if I ever reach 200..lol...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful make Merry, but of course beautiful inspiration to begin with too!

    But its a lot of wonderful work that goes into these amazing creations love the brayering and stamping and that gorgeous owl!

    Hope you have a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your brayered background is lovely and Mr Owl gorgeous wiith his patterned wings. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Merry - your card is stunning and I love the brayered background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails