Monday, March 11, 2013

Unstampabelles Challenge #21 - Quilling


Yes, you can do it. :-)

Hi everyone, it has been a few weeks but finally I have time to share a creation with you.  I think this week I will be relying on the saying 'Better late than never'.  This card is for the newest Unstampabelles Challenge #21 which is all about quilling.  This challenge has taken almost everyone out of their little squares to try something new.  And if it is not new to them it is something they enjoyed revisiting as they have not done it in years.  I have not done much quilling but did do a couple of cards a couple of years ago.  Thought I would have some on my blog but must have been before I discovered blogland.  However, this is a quilled card my Mum made for me a couple of years ago.

On to my card above.  The weekend before last we were in Brisbane visiting our son for his 19th birthday.  A wonderful time was had although it was a little funny as it poured rain all weekend.  Funny that we had to fly all the way to Brisbane to experience our normal wet season which has eluded us this year.  I had not even made a start on my DT card for Unstampabelles at this stage.  My friend had suggested I visit this amazing store while we were in Brisbane - Photo Continental  It truly was terrific.....so much crafting stock under the one roof was just amazing.  Hubby and son were happy too as on the other side it is all about cameras, printing and framing.  Of course, I only had time for a very quick look and spied this quilling kit from Quilled Creations called Love Birds.  So bought it and that night by hand as I had no special quilling tool, needle, or toothpick began rolling the lengths of papers into the shapes required.  I also didn't have any glue so had to put all the little shapes back in the bag for the journey home.  We hit the ground running and had a busy week so I didn't get to put this card together until this weekend.  I really liked how JanR (DT member Unstampabelles) had embossed the background of her card then adding the quilling.  So I did that with my card then added the quilled pieces and punched flowers.

I hope that you will take the time to visit Unstampabelles and see all the other wonderful creations by the Design Team and remember this is the first time that they have tried this technique.  So you can too.

We have a fantastic prize on offer from one of our own team members - JessicaT.
The prize is a Surprise Pack of Kaszazz items excluding stamps so that it is in keeping with the Unstampabelles challenge to the value of $25.00.

I would like to share this card over at:


Have a wonderful day and I will return soon.   Thanks so much for visiting. :-)

Our Relay for Life fundraiser:
Voucher for 3 days, 2 nights visiting Great Barrier Reef dive sites. Value $575 Transfers, snorkelling equipment/wetsuits supplied, full meals - with ProDive, Cairns. Was a prize. Donating all proceeds to our Relay for Life team - Crew Cure. To be used by the end of April. Offers?  Click here for more details.


22 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card Merry with those love-birds ☺☺☺.
    Hugs Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white on white Merry and the quilling looks great! I like your cute little blue birds.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, this time with my DT hat on.Thanks for linking up your wonderful card to Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry what a cute card your mum made for you!I love to see quilling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry...glad to see you back. I love your quilled birds. Great card.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilling Wendy. I am also a big fan of white on white cards and that the little bit of bling adds a nice note. Came via MIM.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the combination of embossed background and quilling !

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey lovely card,thanks to you by letting me know about the challenge by your updates,one doubt,i didn't find your card linked to the challenge site,do check it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and Fantastic quilling Merry. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the embossed layer for the pretty quilled scene
    Beautiful card.
    hugs Shirley-anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your love birds are adorable, Merry. I am so happy that your son had a great 19th even though it was raining.
    Super card,
    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Merry,
    I have some quilling papers that I bought ages ago and even a book on quilled wild flowers so I really have no excuse not to have a go at this challenge.
    By the way I can confirm that your winte tote( on it's way to you today) will comfortably hold a Hardy's 2012 VR Chardonnay. Unfortunately my wine rack holds it a tad snugger!!!!!
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really love the card Merry. what cute birds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mrs A, I can't wait and you made me smile that the bottle of wine is snugger in your wine rack. :-)

    Thanks Kavitha...I have now added our challenge to my list of challenges and hope that more people find their way over there like you did. :-)

    Thanks everyone for your lovely comments......I have so missed blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome quilling! i don't think I would have the patience for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so impressed. I think quilling looks so complicated. This is gorgeous. Saw you on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What? Were you half asleep when you commented on my poetry? LOL! You guessed it! Love the birdies! I've done quilling and while it's lovely, it's a little tedious for me! Are you going to have to pad the envelope before sending?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries is #214.

    I would love to have you visit my blog,  My Art... Healing The Soul and become a follower.

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. I saw you card on MIM. I love seeing quilling. I don't have the patience for it but love there are those who do. I really enjoyed your card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful work.. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good luck!
    Sandy :) DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh, how adorable are those little bluebirds. You are so creative Merry with all your many crafty talents. I have a feeling you will inspire me to get back into quilling just as you inspired me to get back into papertole!

    ♥ Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails