Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More Quilling - Unstampabelles Challenge #21



Hi everyone, I finally got this project finished....only a day late. :-)  It is time for our Halfway Inspiration post over at Unstampabelles for this months challenge - Quilling.  I was googling for something different to do and spied some vases.  Then I saw this (below) amazing rainbow vase by Mary Jean and I used that as my inspiration.  After following many links through Pinterest I discovered that Mary Jean has a Etsy store here with other beautiful pieces for sale.





I have a few photos of mine to share as I wanted to show off all the colours.  This shot shows all sides from the top.  To create my vase which stands about 6cm high.  I used the leftover strips that came with my Quilled Love Bird kit and I cut strips using my paper cutter.  This time I was able to use my quilling  tool.
This made wrapping the circles much easier and quicker.  When I had finished gluing all the shapes into place I remembered last time when I was quilling that there are gauges that you can put your circles in so that they all form the same size or the size you require. 
Like this:-

I remember making up my own gauge using washers from the shed and gluing them to a piece of cardboard.


For the base of my vase I cut 7 circles using my Spellbinder die from a cereal box.  I then glued each circle together to give a nice thickness to be able to glue the first layer of the vase too.



I would like to share this vase with:


22 comments:

  1. Fantastic Quilling vase Merry, such a lot of work and so worth it...gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - those great colours really shine through. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing quilling project Merry. Love the vibrant colours. It must have taken you ages.
    {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous quilling and vase Merry. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Merry, such a stunning piece : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! ..your quilled vase is absolutely stunning ...i love the way you have used such bright happy colors for it ...its such a beautiful keepsake for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very tedious work I think but , wow , perfectly beautiful finished piece .
    Love it .

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a BEAUTIFUL vase Merry.....this must have been a lot of work.
    Hugs Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very BEAUTIFUL vase Merry.
    Hugs Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Merry this is exceptional, wow, it looks fantastic, brilliant quilling project.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic idea! Your little vase looks brilliant, love the bold colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Merry, this is fantastic! I love the colours, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - you are on a roll... this is just so STUNNING. What patience and I love the happy springy colours.
    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my - this is so unique. I have never tried this paper technique and will have to one of these days. Thanks for sharing - I saw your post at MIM.
    I am now one of your followers, too!
    Trudy
    http://stickyfingersblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Merry this is fantastic and so interesting about the circle gauges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how pretty! I love this idea and your quilling is beautiful! Fabulous use of spring colors too! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful work!
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  18. Catching up after a couple of busy days at work Merry and so pleased I caught up with this post.

    I've never really done quilling but love to see what others so and this is just amazing and as you might guess I love all the vivid colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so cool! Amazing idea, and lots of patience! But so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Merry - your quilling is amazing. LOVE the rainbow colours.

    {{hugs}} Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. How very clever and so much work in your lovely colourful vase. Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails