Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Birthday Cards


Handmade Birthday cards I received last week from my inspiring family and friends. :-)  This beautiful card was made by my Mum.  Her first try at a twisted easel card.  I so love the colours and that flourish.....hand cut, now how inspiring is that.  Mum has arthritis in her fingers and continually amazes me how neatly and finely she can cut.


This is from my friend Helene who has used paper tole roses to frame the sentiment.  This lady too has arthritis in her fingers and has hand cut the roses.


This lovely card is from my friend Helen, she has used a Flourish stamp called Berry Sweet coloured with Copic pens.  Don't you like the embossed wood grain background and those frames are all hand cut, no dies.


Now Joy is an amazing photographer.  This card she made using one of her many beautiful photos of Morocco.


Not Anita's work but she has an eye for beautiful pieces of handmade art.  Can you believe this card is quilled.  It is that fine that on the night I received it I could only feel what it was like as I didn't have my glasses.  Next day in the morning light I could see all the love pieces that went into making this lovely hibiscus flower.

Well have a lovely day everyone. :-)

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Merry. I hope you had a wonderful Birthday..loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards lovely Merry! I am glad you got so many lovely ones, sorry I didn't get around to it this year, this year has really just got away from me!!!

    Hope you had a fabboo birthday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kauniita kortteja kaikki. Mukavaa viikkoa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly blessed with such talented and loving friends.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it lovely to receive hand made cards Merry, it makes each one that extra bit special.

    And belated happy birthday, looks like I missed it along the way.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards .

    Well you dont look a day over 25 Merry, A belated Happy Birthday to you , Hope the year ahead is a good one .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally stunning works of art!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards from loving friends! Thank you for commenting on my article. I challenge you to send in a card or two to the mags to get published! Then I can come back here to congrats you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated happy birthday... hope you had a great one.
    These cards are mindblowing pretty. Your mum's hand cut flourishes are WOW. The other cards are pretty, pretty, pretty.
    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday!!
    Hope you had a fabulous Bday!!
    Gorgeous cards from your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such inspirational cards! Thanks for posting!

    Nupur, Thrilling Quilling

    ReplyDelete
  12. what lovely cards your recieved - hope you had a wicked birthday best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  13. All beautiful cards but the best one for me is the quilled card.What
    stunning work. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails