Monday, November 19, 2012

Monochromatic Christmas Tree


Hi everyone, I have my fingers crossed this week is not as busy as the last one.  Everything is coming to an end for the year.  Touch Footy is now finished for us so Wednesday nights are free again. :-)  Only a couple more activities to finish in the next couple weeks....one is school for our daughter, she only has two weeks left then holidays until end of January.  We saw the Total Eclipse last Wednesday which was awesome and glad I experienced it.  I think the best bit was that I only had to walk a few steps before being able to witness it.  Everything did darken when the eclipse happened and the poor cockatoos were squawking.....I think they were saying 'What the? we have just flown out for the day and it already night time'.  :-)

I have put together this Christmas card for the Half-way Inspiration post of Unstampabelles for the Monochromatic Challenge #17.  I really thought we would struggle getting entries for this challenge but we already have an amazing 32 monochromatic entries without the use of stamps, very inspiring.  I created this card by dragging out all the green Bazzill cardstock I own then cut into 1cm wide strips.  Next I cut into the shape of a Christmas Tree.  Added a star sticker and sentiment.

I would like to share this card with the following challenges:



17 comments:

  1. Early bird Christmas cards just make me sick! *wink* Of course, I always wait till the last minute to make them unless it's for the magazine. Must get into that habit again. I've kinda been on strike since not finding my favorite double face tape at an affordable price. Cute card. Thank you for making a comment on my quick card. Have a nice week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cool! and really great if you need to mass-produce! wasn't there some bloke claiming to be blinded by the eclipse? would have been pretty cool I think!
    school holidays are a no-win situation for me... yay, don't have to get up and be organised each day - and boo... 3 very BORED kids, oh, and lets not forget how 'starving' they will all be each day lol!
    have a great wk - enjoy the new stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry this is terrific love the mono look also that fabby tree the different green shades look great.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great holiday card and that is really cool you got to see the eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry, Oh Wow this is totally stunning and l really like your colour choice! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas Tree Merry. Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. How what a fab idea Merry! Love the gradation of colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea of using shades for Christmas tree.Loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE this card. What a super idea!!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Merry, I love the tree and the star.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Christmas card! Thanks for joining in our Christmas challenge this month over at Little Claire, hugs Heidi (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a fun design Merry! beautifully done!
    hugs & blessings

    Thank you so much for sharing @ Inspire Me Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous design, I love your Tree..fabulous card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a really great way to create a Christmas tree Merry, it's so effective.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Merry. Excellent colouring .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is wonderful! Isn't this a fun way to use your stash! Thanks for joining in our "Use Your Stash - Challenge #26" at Simply Create Too. Come by tomorrow, 23 Nov, for our next great challenge

    Diane
    Simply Create Too DesignTeam
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card Merry, thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails