Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quilt Blocks and Top



This is my one an only patchwork quilt that I have made.  We have it on the lounge as a protector during the warmer months and it warms us in the winter months.  As you can see it has seen better days.  I think it is about three years old maybe four.


I have shown you most of these blocks before but I am determined to begin working on this cover and have a new quilt for our lounge by next week.  These blocks I received during our block swap over at Craftmad the first six months on this year.  It was the first time that a few of us had ever done blocks so a learning curve but great fun.  Some of the blocks are my practice runs.  I would love to hear if you have any tips.  This is the layout that I am going for at this stage.  I will be adding fabric to the couple of smaller blocks and eventually they all should be 9" blocks.  I was thinking of adding a Mossy Green sash around all the blocks and as the binding.  My daughter suggested black.  I did think pink but would prefer not to make it too girly. Do you have any suggestions?


Currently over at Craftmad we are swapping the colours of the rainbow each month made into Churn Dash Blocks.  At the moment there are four of us involved and we are working on Yellow this month.    Isn't it look great.  So far we have done Green, Red and Orange.  Amazingly we have only ever doubled up on red fabric.....the two end ones.  After this month only Indigo and Violet to go.


5 comments:

  1. Mary Engelbreit uses black alot to make bright colors pop. The other consideration is what's the colors in your living room? Are you a matchy-matchy type person where everything in your living room has to cordinate? I like those Churn Dash blocks. I was curious to know if you are a member of Splitcoast Stampers website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the new project will be very eye catching, the black background really throws the brighter colours to the fore.

    Like you I may just one patchwork quilt, that was many many years ago when my eyes are up to the task, but I often yearn to have a go again. Perhaps with very large pieces and a huge needle ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are going to look really pretty all together...I like the idea of green...or maybe a blue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt!!
    Love the pieces you received in the swap!!
    Looks like you will have a lot to create with!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to the moss green or sage even. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails