Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Learner Driver


A fun quick card for my friends son who turned 16 a couple of weeks ago.  Was a bit slow handing the card over and couldn't share earlier as I know my friend Helen likes to visit my blog.   Hi Helen! 

So 16 in Australia means learner driver licence time.  In Queensland, they sit a multi-choice test and must get at least 27 out of 30 right to receive their learners licence.  Then they have to do 100 hours of driving which is recorded in a log book and they are accompanied by a licenced driver .  In most cases this is when Mum's hair really turns to grey as ultimately they end up being the licenced driver with the 16 yo.

Well the card I started with Stampin Up (SU) Apricot Appeal for the base card, then a layer of SU Wild Wasbi.  Topped this with a printed out map of our area.  Cut free hand the little car shape and added two black circles for the wheels and created the little 'L' plate that he will be driving with for the next 12 months.  Finished with a black Happy Birthday sticker.

8 comments:

  1. Love the map background, great card with the l plate car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I like how you used the map. I've just been catching up with all things you have made and what you have been up to - so easy to get behind!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun card & so very apt too! Great design :) Phew, I'm so grateful I passed my test many moons ago - the UK system is so tough these days too....I think I'd have to ride a bike everywhere lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun and cool card!!
    Hope you are having a wonderful week!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card Merry! I bet he loved it. I know I have a BUNCH of grey hairs from riding endless hours in the car with my kids when they had their lerner's permits! I just kept reminding myself that one day they would get paid back for all the stress when they would have to do the same with their kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails