Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Home Card


Hi everyone, a card, yay!  This card only took me three days to create but I got there in the end. :-)  Our son has just moved into student accommodation.  So a room to himself, ensuite and small kitchenette plus a kitchen, laundry, lounge and balcony to share with 6 other people.  He loves it.  As this is his first place of his own I thought it deserved a card.  Not having any house images I decided to use this mushroom image from The Paper Shelter.  I wanted to stick to greys and blacks as they are the colours in my sons new doona cover, plus try to keep it more manly. :-)  So I dragged out my Copic Pens...so nice to colour again.  Was amazed at how many pens I used to colour this image so took a photo of them all (see below).  I used the July Sketch layout from Craftmad. The card - the base card is Grey Linen Textured cardstock, a panel of black glitter paper, a layer of red bazzill cardstock topped with a metallic red paper, all from Blue Edge Crafts.  The red metallic paper I ran through my Cuttlebug Branches embossing folder.  I then dug out my hexagon Spellbinder dies and finished with a gold sticker sentiment.



11 comments:

  1. YOur mushroom home is so cute Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Merry,

    Doesn't matter how long it takes to get there if it's this pretty in the end.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Merry,
    I LOVE this home ☺☺☺.
    Hugs Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo Adorable Merry..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and perfect for the occasion!!! Fabulous colouring and so glad your son is settling into his new home.Thanks for visiting my blog.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure your son will love this card! The image is cute! You did great with the copics too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the red and black was wide ribbon to start with. Very effective. Love the little mushroom house. Hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card, really great colouring and perfectly matching the occasion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails