Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pillowcases for Oncology Kids


Morning everyone, thanks so much for your lovely wishes.  Hubby and I enjoyed a very yummy Chinese meal at the Golden Boat Chinese Restaurant last night.  Now we start on the next 25 year adventure.

Today, I am sharing with you two pillowcases that I made for a wonderful group that collects pillowcases and sends them Australia wide to all the kids in Oncology units of hospitals.  A little way to brighten their days.  This fantastic idea was started by 15 yo Brittany and you can find out more if you visit their Facebook page here.

Shamefully, I am a little slow with this project as this was our swap over at Craftmad for May.  Life has  been on fast forward for a while now and I never got to it.  I wanted to use up some of the fabrics in my collection and found this great Fat Quarter Pillowcase tutorial.  Mainly for the measurements. 

Enjoy your Thursday

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty pillow cases!!
    What a special and memorable cause to contribute too!
    Love this idea.
    Thanks for your sweet comments they are firecrackers, I forgot to write that on my blog so I added it.
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic idea for the pillow cases! And I just checked out that restaurant...YUM YUM YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cause and pillowcases!

    Happy Anniversary to you, heres to 25+ more years! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi...!!!can feel your beautiful heart through your pillow work... wow... Thanks a lot for sharing your precious comments...hope to see you again...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pillowcases! will have to check out the tutorial you followed, i used one from the spotlight website but it was rather plain compared to yours! Congrats on 25years too, best wishes for the next 25 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails