Monday, June 4, 2012

Unstampabelles Challenge #12 - Ribbons


This is my Design Team card for Unstampabelles Challenge #12 which is all about Ribbons.
I have used ribbon to create the centre of this cute flower. 
The ribbon was attached to the centre of a die cut circle covered in double sided tape.  Next the ribbon was gently twisted and attached around the circle.  The leaves and stems were hand cut and embossed from pearl paper.  The papers are Bazzill Design Papers 'Babies Breath' and 'Stitches' .  The base card is new to Blue Edge Crafts, a laser cut Swirly Leaf Border. Finished with a button and gold sticker sentiment .



To create the centre of the flower I used double sided tape to cover a circle of cardstock.  I then attached one end of the ribbon to the centre of the circle.  Twisted the ribbon and adhered that twisted ribbon to the circle working from the middle to the outside.  At the end I cut the ribbon from the main spool leaving a little tab which I bent underneath and stuck with stick tape. 

I would like to share this card in the following challenges:


Woohoo!!!!


19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and I love the soft colours....

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Merry!
    your ribbon flower is stunning!
    hugs

    Thank you so much for linking up @ Inspire Me Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Merry, love the ribbon flowerX:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and flower Merry..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the lacey border and great ribbon flower!

    Enjoy the new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Merry, I like the way you have made the flower and the lovely lace edging.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ribbon flower and DSP, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Merry,

    I love your selfmade flower! It's a fantastic idea. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it!! And thank you so much for showing me how to do this with the ribbon too.. smiles.

    Thank for joining us this week and good luck!

    Smiles -  Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking card-so pretty and love the flower.Saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry, This is outstandingly beautiful:)x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made the exact same ribbon flower last year. I still have them. I didn't like mine. I like how you added the button in the center. May be that is what I need. Great card.!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Merry that flower is stunning, what a beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Looks so sweet and simple but I can tell it was lots of work and crafting skills needed. Thanks for sharing short tutorial on your sweet pink flower.

    p.s. Saw you at MIM. http://ketrinslittleprojects.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute Rose and hopefully I can join in at the challenge this tim e too
    Saw your link on MIM
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet is this card... Love the soft hues.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous flower ribbon, must try that.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails