Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad



Morning everyone, today is my Dad's birthday..... 

Here is the card I have created for him.  I had strict instructions that all he would like for his birthday was some Scratchies.  So that is where the idea of having pockets on the card to hold the scratchies came from.  I am so happy with how this came together and how quickly.  I started with Stampin Up (SU) Early Expresso for the base card.  Then I used a sheet of SU So Saffron for the pocket area on the card.  I will have to do a tutorial as I think I will be doing this card again.  Possibly next week for my nephew.  The papers I have used are from Blue Edge Craft from their Past Spodia range.  The bottom panel I ran through my Candy Stripe embossing folder.  Then added the lovely bronze skeleton leaf from Pizzazz Aplenty.  I then cut out the Deckled Edge Classic Oval with my Spellbinder using Linen Textured card and finishing with the gold sentiment sticker and square brad.



As I don't have any Scratchies yet, thought I would add some small pieces of cardstock so that you could get an idea of what the end product will look like.

Wishing you all a fantastic day.

P.S. My daughter used watercolour pencils to colour and shade the rose here.
A lot of people had asked how she had coloured it.
DD enjoyed all your lovely comments too.




12 comments:

  1. oh wow I love the angled look of the card and how cool that they are pockets! awesome idea!!!

    Happy Birthday to your Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats with our Dad's birthday and what a wonderful b'day card idea. Love the colours you have used.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow i really love the idea for this card ..you have created the pockets so well with this design...perfect for holding some tags too...its an lovely card!!!and wishing your Dad a happy birthday too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super idea Merry. And as for the colours and patterns, I would never have dare to use spots with stripes, but it works absolutely perfectly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how very male this card is and with what ease you seem to have made it... love the pockets and the papers.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Merry. A great idea to have pockets for the scratchies..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your dad Merry. Fantastic card just perfect for what you have in mind, very clever, take careX:) p.s. I have left an award for you on my blog
    http://mypommiepurplepatch.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Merry I bet your dad was so pleased with it the colours and design look terrific.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great combo of papers. I was a bit stumped by "scratchies" but have decided it will be a lottery card where you "scratch" off the silver foil?

    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated b'day greetings to your dayd, and I hope your arm is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love the design of this! super card, Merry! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card idea!! It really does make a great scratchie holder! Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails