Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Doodle Calendar


I am trying something new this year.
Last year I saw the lovely calendar pages that Sharon over at Wildflowerhouse by Sharon created each month.  I will put a link to each page below so you can check out her lovely work.

Sharon found the idea here at the Kathryn Wheel blog.
At the start of each month they link up the completed page from the previous month and new page ready for the new month.

So here is my first attempt.  I have bought a large watercolour art pad as I wanted to play with my Aquamarkers and watercolour pencils.   The background I randomly painted with blue acrylic paint and then sprayed, again, randomly with my gold smooch.  Couldn't think of what to draw around the edge so went to the trust flowers.  Added the January title.

So I hope to be back at the end of the month with a little picture for each day.
Oh by the way.... please do not expect any great artwork.  All just a quick doodle. :-)

Sharon's Calendar
and the start of October 2011

Thanks for visiting and leaving your lovely comments.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely pages... super flowers. My first time too this year. Love Cynthia #58 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome calendar idea Merry, love the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness girl! Thanks so much. What a surprise to see you posted all my calendars. Still have not finished Nov. and Dec. Too much going on, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yours and can't wait to see it all filled in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and what a fun idea!!
    Love it!
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea & I must say I think this is lovely, very artistic! Can't wait to be impressed by your 'doodles' :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year! Thanks for playing along with the calendar challenge and for linking up. Your page looks fabulous and I'm looking forward to seeing all your little drawings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Merry, this is real handmade stuff... looks lovely. And I love it's shabby chic feel.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's got a real natural feel to it Merry, sometimes it too easy to make our work neat and symmetrical.

    And the whole concept of the calendar is great.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic idea Merry..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pages, I especially like the flower details, looking forward to seeing next months pages xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely to see all the different ideas for our first pages. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This looks so effective! You are a true artist.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful January page and lovely idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails