Monday, September 5, 2011

Unstampabelles Challenge - Animals - DT creation


Goodmorning everyone, today I have a paper bag owl as my DT creation for our new challenge over at Unstampabelles.  This months challenge #3 it is all about ANIMALS and the bonus technique challenge is dry embossing.

We are looking for all types of papercrafts with NO STAMPING.
Challenge closes 30th September and Winner announced 3rd October
This is the wonderful prize on offer from one of our very own DT members

I felt like trying something other than a card and happened upon these paper bag owls at here and here which I used as my guidelines.

So I started with a plain brown paper bag that I used to use for the kids tuckshop lunches in primary school.  Firstly, I crumpled up two pages of magazines to put in the bottom of the bag. I started by cutting down each side about 5cm.  I cut away the front section of this flap then on the back section I cut the flap into a triangle shape.  This triangle flap I folded to the front and just folded a little hem in around the edges to neaten it. I then adhered the flap and creased the corners to create his ears.  Each corner at the bottom of the bag I folded under a small triangle and adhered with sticky tape just to give the owl a little shape.  Next I dug out my circle Spellbinders and three different papers to cut his eyes.  The base layer is a yellow metallic paper which I have folded and creased to add some texture.  Next is a hand made paper with a gold fleck through it.  Lastly, a black circle which I snipped a small triangle out.  I then found some scrap brown paper and created his beak.  Lastly, I used my deckled edged oval Spellbinder to cut more of the handmade paper with the gold fleck.  This is for the owls chest.  I ran this oval through my Diamond in the Rough embossing folder as I thought it resembled feathers.



A closer look at the dry embossing.

Oh one more bit of exciting news.
Over at Feline Playful where I find all my challenges to enter due to some wonderful ladies that update the lists daily.  They are having a big blog hop/party (21 Sep to 27 Sep).  Unstampabelles is offering a prize of Guest Design Team member for the month of October with a small goodies bag.

I would like to enter into the following challenges:




7 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the owl...so cute!!!

    Thanks for linking up to my "Pick-a-Theme" Thursday's party...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this project, its so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great fun, Merry! I love how you did his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this-- our latest project at home was an owl too and I love love love yours!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! I wonder how I can translate the same idea for a veggie-tale bag?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails