Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Noel


Finally I had a chance to play with one of these lovely laser cut and stitching card fronts.  These are new to Blue Edge Crafts and there are so many designs to choose from.

So I started with a blank white pre-scored card.  Then a layer of SU Poppy Parade which I have rounded the corners to match the laser cut card front.  I added a strip of green bazzill card to the top of the card front and some gold paper behind the bauble.  I used my fine black pen to create the faux stitching....thanks so much Kaye for this idea.  'Noel' is a rub-on.  I ran the card front through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I then added a 3D paper tole that I have cut out and layered up from the Mini 3D Paper Tole Christmas Booklet.  Oh, and I added some bling.


I really love the green on this card.
I started again with a white pre-scored card.  Then I added this wonderful green stripy paper that came with the paper tole in the 3D Paper Tole Christmas Booklet.  Then I added the lovely christmas bauble 3D paper tole.  Finished the card by adding this fun silver border sticker.

I would like to enter into the following challenges:



13 comments:

  1. oh wow, really nice, love the stitching, and great paper tole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the unique cut and design on the first card. beautiful holiday cards as always, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry,
    Surprise it is me!! Love the cards, I should probably start Christmas cards too nut can't seem to get in the mood! Just feels good to finally be in the studio again and blogging.
    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards!!
    Love them both!!
    Love the faux stitching its looks so real!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white background looks so good and contrasts well.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards, really lovely.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Christmas cards are just lovely.Thanks so much for your comment and so nice to be able to check out work through MIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! I am in love with the top one....so many pretty elements to it! Really catches the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first card and the basket is amazingly real... popping out with gifts! The second card is sweet as well. You are on a roll...

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzer Merry these are absolutely stunning the card detail on the first one is excellent so is the image and that colour of the second one is gorgeous, oh my word these are awesome.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are spectacular but the card with the green stripes is stunning!
    Well Done!
    Hugs,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Thanks for popping by my blog.
    Great white card, haven't seen these stitching card fronts, must look out for them.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails