Thursday, August 25, 2011

Craftmad August Swap - Black and White


Hi everyone, today I am sharing one of my Black and White cards I have done for the Craftmad August swap.  Initially, I thought this would be pretty easy but was surprised at how difficult it was to use just two colours.

This card I started with a blank black card base then a layer of white which I doodled around the edge with my fine tip black pen creating the chequered border.  I then inked up this lovely fern stamp from a Stampin Up set.  Added some ric-rac and black twine along the bottom of the card.  I then used these fantastic bird stickers....one of my favourites.  I attached the stickers to white paper and cut around them and then attached to the card.  I finished the card by adding some Kindy Glitz to the fern leaves which seems to have given them a pinkish tinge although it is a white or clear glitter.

Must dash and walk the dog....catch up with everyone again tomorrow with my second black and white card.  Have a great day and thanks for taking the time to visit. :-)

10 comments:

  1. Black and white is such a nice combo. Great male card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elegant look of black and white! Great images too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember Me!!!! I haven't blogged for ages and boy have I missed out on some great cards on yours! Loving what you do and now feeling very inspired to sit down and be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been really slack lately, sorry about that Merry!!!

    Those are awesome birds, really look like magpies!

    great black and white card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your black and white, something very sophisticated about that colour combo. Love the birds too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful black & white card, Merry! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Merry! I love black and white and your bird stickers look wonderful. Gorgeous effect with the ferns in the background too. Have a good weekend, hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty!
    Love the stamped fern!!
    Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this card merry. Just beautiful.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails