Friday, July 15, 2011

Festive Fun


Hi everyone, the end of the week has arrived.....boy! it has been a busy one for me. Although most of it fun catching up with friends and even family.

I have another Christmas card for you today.
Yes, I am sending this off to Tracey Hanshaw for her collection to send to Aussie Troops serving overseas.

  I started with a white base card then a layer of textured blue paper from my DCWV paper pack.  Next a layer of this fabulous Allison Ellis paper (Totally Christmas).  I then used my deckled edged oval Spellbinder die and cut a blue and white background from my topper.  This cute little 3D paper tole/decoupage came from a little 3D booklet full of other images and matching papers.
I then used a gold rub-on sentiment to finish off.

Wishing you all a great weekend and I will be back Monday with some more Christmas cards.
Hubby and I are heading off to watch an AFL game.  This is a first for me.  I have watched AFL on TV before but never seen a live match.   Should be fun.  Richmond vs Gold Coast Suns.


11 comments:

  1. Love the decoupage, the foily paper is beautiful, such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love snowmen. What a great idea to get a head start on Christmas stuff...now to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh I love this card, that image is just adorable!

    Have fun at the footy - I actually thought of you last night when I saw that the game was on in Cairns :o) I just hope that Richmond win because I backed them in the tipping hehe!

    Have a great weekend Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning from the uk,
    Hope your well Merry,
    cant apologise enough for not being a good blogger, have to get my booty in gear and sort that out, lol,
    Just spent the last ten mins or so catching up on all of your wonderful work,
    have a great weekend,
    Hugs
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS,I totally love that beautiful 3d image!!! BTW it is pin pricking on my card,done with a spellbinder border die!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card!! Totally had to look up AFL...I had a guess but wasn't sure! LOL! Hope you have a grand time! Hubby and I are going to a pro baseball game tonight and then they have fireworks afterwards! Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the beautiful and sweet image and the rich colors you used for this. gorgeous card, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly are off to a great head start on the holidays. I love snowmen (and women)! Yours is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Merry I so love this card that foiled background looks awesome and that image is brilliant I love it a great card for the Season.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and the Sons won! I was so pleased for them. Great card - love that paper tole image -very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Merry, this card is great - those Alison Ellis papers are just gorgeous, aren't they! I look forward to hearing what you thought of going to the game. Was the atmosphere electric??! My hubby is a Richmond supporter, so he wan't very happy! I hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails