Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stamping Vacation DT - When I Grow Up Challenge - Truck Driver


This month at Stamping Vacation the theme for the When I  Grow Up challenge is 'Truck Driver"(ends 3rd April).  I found this truck image on Blogart Toon and the little fellows name is Spike....I found him at The CraftyMonkey.  I coloured both of them with my watercolour pencils and added some silver metallic pen to the truck.  The base card is Lava Bazzill Card, I round the front edge corners.  Adhered the truck image with the tab on the side saying 'Big Wishes'.  Then cut out Spike and added him to the card with 3D foam.  I found some left over pieces of Stampin Up Design Paper...not sure of the name sorry. I stuck to the spine of the card and wrapped it around to the back.  Added three black eyelets.  Then finished the card with the black border sticker and the black Happy Birthday sticker from Sticker Store.  When I had let the card sit for a little I thought it needed just a little more so grabbed my fine tip black pen and drew two lines around the edges of the image.

Now it's your turn.  I would so love to come and visit your blog to see your 'Truck Driver' related creations.  

The prize this month at Stamping Vacation is a $25.00 gift certificate to the store of YOUR (winner's) choice.  
Remember you can enter any of our challenges as many times as you like and as many challenges as you like.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Merry, wow thats some truck....fab card...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic image Merry and beautifully coloured,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out great, love the image, that is a monster truck indeed!! What boy wouldn't want that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one fabby card Merry loving the big truck and image it looks fun and will be received with joy by whoever gets it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsa! That is one fab truck. Great coloring. Love the layout with ther tag on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet ride! Can you believe I actually go to monster truck shows? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is a fabulous card Merry! So great for a boy - and really love that image. Love the eyelets too. Your colouring is so beautiful - I can't seem to get the hang of watercolour pencils.

    Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving such lovely comments - I really appreciate them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails