Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bukuro Bag




This month over at Craftmad our sewing swap was a Bukuro Drawstring Bag. This was so much fun to make and all you need are two fat quarters and some ribbon.... oh, and a sewing machine.
This is not my swap bag as I forgot to take a photo before I sent it away.  I will show you when my partner posts a photo of it in the gallery.  I enjoyed making the swap bag so much I have another five on the go here and one is going to a special friend who has been very patiently waiting for a package from me.
I started with a fat quarter the (outside fabric) that I received from Cathy in last months sewing swap which we swapped two fat quarters. I have teamed it up with a plain yellow fat quarter.  Since this is a Japanese style bag...to get the shape you use a little origami.   Finished it with a yellow cross grain ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. looks awesome, great and handy item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, Bukuro bag, Merry! love the pretty fabrics you used! wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry, y
    ou are so busy! The bag is real good- I like it!

    Best wishes ILo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merry, it looks fabulous, would love to know hopw you make it though...any tips...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails