Monday, November 22, 2010

Stamping Vacation DT - Sticky Situation Challenge


Monday again, here is another Design Team card for Stamping Vacations Sticky Situation Challenge.

This month Denise has challenged us to use Santa Hat Stickers.  You have until the 21st December to enter....as many times as you like.  

**** Please note you can enter for an entire month.  However, if your entry falls between 21st November - 30th November you will be in the November prize draw.  If you enter between 1st December - 21st December you will go into the December prize draw.****

The prize drawn at the end of November is from MARK'S FINEST PAPERS our sponsor. They will be giving away 4 (four) of the December Sneak Peek stamp sets in addition there will be a $25.00 gift certificate to their store! The winner will be randomly chosen on December 1st! We will be showcasing their stamps throughout the month. 

I started with a white BE card then a layer of green handmade paper, topped with the fun green and white spotted paper.  I had a card scene in my head and googled but couldn't find just what I was looking for.  I  thought I would have a try at drawing something myself.  Sometimes I do this and it is just rubbish but I really enjoyed sketching this guy and colouring him in with my watercolour pencils and aquabrush.  I added a little Kindy Glitz to the furry bits.  He is meant to be a child (his face looks a bit old) trying on a real Santa outfit that is way too big for him......that is what was in my head.  So not a Mo Manning...  I found this wonderful Christmas present/box sticker in my collection which I could slide the Santa Hat stickers in underneath so they look like they are all falling out.  These wonderful Santa Hat stickers are from the Sticker Store....they are Silver Holographic Stickers. I added the red with my Sakura Pen.  Finished the card with this lovely rub-on saying.

In the EYES of children
We find the JOY of 
CHRISTMAS
In their HEARTS
we find it's MEANING

Have a wonderful Monday everyone. 

6 comments:

  1. looking cool, love that santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic,love the scene you have created!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Merry!
    thanks for testing my blue frog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a real fun card Merry.

    I gather from your comment the other day that you are off shortly ? For whatever reason I thought it was next summer.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails