Monday, July 12, 2010

We Will Miss You




Well today Nana our exchange Japanese student moves on to her new family.  :-(  Yep, we will miss her and I have learnt lots about Japan and would love to visit one day.  It did take a little adjusting to having three kids but when the third one is as quiet and as helpful as Nana was, it made things a lot easier.  Nana will be moving to a different suburb but still attending the same school, so the kids will still get to see her.  I have my fingers crossed that we find a way for Nana to remain playing tennis with us ladies on a Tuesday arvo.

So this is the card I have made for her.  I would have liked a little more time but Nana has been bitten by the cardmaking bug and was using my desk. lol  Yes, she came to Australia not doing anything crafty and has left our house wanting to do cardmaking and has also made one beaded bracelet and two little lovely charms.  Now she is heading to a house that I am totally jealous of.  The lady has converted their garage into a sewing/quilting room.  Heaven.  Clear boxes line the walls full of materials, she has a huge quilting machine.   She finishes quilts for other people.  Has a few quilts and hangers lining the walls too...wonderful.

Back to the card.  I have used the Craftmad July Card Sketch for this card.  The papers I have collected over time and not sure where from.  The image is from Dawn Moore called Happy Girl Bird which I coloured with my watercolour pencils and aqua brush.

Last day of school holidays for us here too....so big changes a happening.  The house will be very quiet tomorrow.  May even have it to myself if the Doctor lets hubby work a couple of hours.  First time in over a month ...... What will I do?  :-0

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're really going to miss Nana. My hubby says that card making is a 'disease', as it just keeps spreading. Now you've given it to Nana!! lol. Great card you made for her Merry.

    Hugs, Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Merry, sentiment goes perfect with the image, sounds like you have both had a fantastic experience, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are sad for Nana...you are so sweet!,you are a wonderful person thanks for your comments and live forever Australia!! you are people so loved all over the world....Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card Merry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card
    It will take a little to get used to Nana not being there,
    will she keep in touch?
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Sounds like lots of changes going on in your area. I hope Nana keep in touch with you all! I bet hubby will be glad to return to work too...even if it is only for a few hours!
    Hugs!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails