Monday, June 7, 2010

90th Birthday Cards (Swing Card and Bugaboo)




Here is the swing card I made in my last post to which I have added some roses. This was a suggestion from Kylie over at Kylie's Craft Corner. Thanks Kylie, I was so happy that I actually had these coloured roses in my collection and it just finishes the card off nicely.

Now my friend that requested a card for her 90 year old Grandmother is so full of life and fun. I thought that maybe she would like a card that was a bit less Grandmotherly. Thought this was a wonderful excuse to buy a Bugaboo image that I see Cheryl over at My Cardmaking Haven playing with all all the time. Bugaboo have such fun images I did buy two and I am sure I will return in the future.

I think this is a really fun card. I have used a pre scored metallic white card from Blue Edge Crafts for the base card. Mauve Bazzill Bling and I layered the image up on some wonderful silver glitter paper (both from BE Crafts). The greetings I printed out on my computer and backed with green card and finished the card with three square bling. I coloured the image with my watercolour pencils and aqua pen. Also added a touch of Dimensional Magic to the glasses and the balloon. My friend loved them both and ended up buying both. :-)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Merry, love the soft subtle colours on your first card and did have a giggle at your second, must get some of these images, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course your friend bought both, they're beautiful. Honoured to be able to help such a talented lady Merry and thanks for the recognition! The roses were a nice touch!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards!! Such a neat technique that swing card is and those roses really do set the card off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards - I love that image for a 90th card-fab!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards,Merry!
    Hugs Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roses are PERFECT!!! really sets it off. Great job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing cards! Love them! I've never seen a swing card before - really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails