Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Chick and Waterfalls

I have made this card for the Pick 3 Challenge over at Stamping Vacation. You have until the end of May be sure to join in as it gets you thinking outside of the square and digging around in your collections.

Just PICK 3 items from the list below and create! Here is your list....

-make an easel card ...I chose this
-do not use any white on your creation
-use any image that has to do with gardening..... I think my image is very much gardening
-use any color cardstock that starts with "G"... the embossed card is GOLD
-use a scripture verse on your creation
-make a larger than normal card
-use a blue embellishment
-do not use anything round on your creation
-use pearls on your creation

Sorry don't know that name of this cute stamp image but anyone does I would love to hear from you. The gold card (Blue Edge Crafts) I have embossed with my cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots and Diamonds in the Rough folders. I have used my watercolour pencils and aquapen to colour the image. On the inside I have added a lovely layer of Stampin Up Design Paper. It reminded me of chicken wire. Finished the card with the lovely bling and flowers from Blue Edge Crafts.

I had this card all ready yesterday but ran out of time to take a photo. Next few photos will show you what I had to opt for rather than staying at home. :-) I took our Japanese exchange student (Nana) for a bit of sight seeing. First stop was to meet up with a wonderful friend at Scrap Therapy in Babinda. We had a wonderful time checking out all their wonderful stock. Nana is not into crafting although she did stay and have a sticky beak. Nana took herself off to the wonderful Aboriginal Arts and Crafts shop in Babinda. Before she goes home Nana wants to return to buy one of their wonderful boomerangs. I found some lace, paper, and scissors that I liked. Nana and I left our friend there and we head up the Palmerston Highway this takes you up to the Atherton Tablelands. Our day started at 24C and by the time we reached our first stop we hopped out to a chilly 17C.

First stop was Mungalli Falls...... stopped and had some lunch here. Then it was off onto the Milla Milla Waterfall Circuit.

First stop Ellinjaa Falls.....
Next stop Zillie Falls..... I just love saying this name. :-)

Last but by no means least the Milla Milla Falls. Then we drove home down the windy roads of the Gillies Range which comprises of approx 200 corners over a 19km stretch of road. Poor Nana's head was nodding away as she was fighting off sleep. We both had a lovely day.

10 comments:

  1. OH WOW absolutely gorgeous falls, thanks for sharing!

    and LOVE your easel card, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card...like the two different looking levels. AND I so want to come live there....such gorgeous scenery...love waterfalls!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card,

    and O WOW, those waterfalls are awesome,
    Thank You for sharing,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merry

    Love the funky feel to your card, very nice used of the embossing folders. And awesome pictures.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your day with Nana and those breath taking waterfalls!!
    Your card is so cute. Love the easel cards. You make me want to get some embossing folders!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear ,beautiful , i love your blog....Hugs laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the photos - beautiful. Lovely card too - swiss dots are so fab aren't they.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is really cleaver and cute and the waterfalls are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS card.....LOVE it!!! Your pictures are fabulous,what a beautiful place to visit!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautful card Merry, love the texture plates.
    Your pictures of the waterfalls are breath taking!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails