Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Glasses Case

This month over at Craftmad our sewing swap was to make a mobile phone case. However, my partner doesn't own a mobile phone so I have made her a glasses case. I found a great pattern here on About.com I have used felt as the liner for this case ....something I probably wouldn't do again as it made for thick seams. Athough when I ironed it they sat much flatter. I really love how the front of the case ended up with all the cute animals looking at you with their eyes. The rear to the case actually has a lot of the feet of animals. Pure fluke.

11 comments:

  1. Wow this little bag is supercute! I love this teddy-bears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job Merry - am off to check out the pattern - thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Your glasses case is very cute. I'm sure the lady receiving it will love it.

    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too! That is the cutest animal fabric I have ever seen! Where did you find it?

    Felt for lining will help protect your friends glasses so worth the effort I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love that, totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my,
    I would love to have something this fantastic for my glasses,
    You are fantastic,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out great Merry, love the fabric you used.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Merry, just trying to catch up on my blogging, you have been a busy girl, looove this glass case (so would my daughter, she loves animals), your waterfall photos are beautiful what a magnificent site. Take CareX:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet of you to make her a glasses case since she doesn't have a mobile! The fabric is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is sooo gorgeous - very cute fabric! Love it! You did a great job and I'm sure your friend loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails