Friday, May 14, 2010

Christening Card

My little nephew is getting Christened this Sunday. So I have gotten to and made a card for him and the family. I spied this wonderful idea of doing the cross on Sarah Klass's blog and as I had the stamp set she had used I just had to have a try.

I have used a pre-scored white Majestic Shimmer Card from Blue Edge Crafts for the base card. I have then used layers so SU Brocade Blue and SU Bashful Blue. Added three tabs of white cross grain ribbon to the side. The cross I cut out a masking template in the shape of a cross from scrap paper. I used matching SU ink to stamp the flourish from the SU Priceless set and then sponge Bashful Blue ink for the background of the cross then added a touch of glitter. I then printed out the greeting and layered it up and finished the card with blue bling.

7 comments:

  1. lovely christening card, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh.. it looks AWESOME!!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful christening card. What a great blessing, have a wonderful Sunday!!
    cheers
    --fran--

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant and beautiful Merry.
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog, so glad you like my designs,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW such a classy Christening card,love the clean and simple look!!! I hope you had a wonderful day!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am slowly starting to get back online...feeling a bit better. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails