Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Embossed Car Card

This is one of the cards I have made for the monthly card swap over at Craftmad. The theme this month was two cards using dry embossing of some form. I have used black leather craft card for the card blanks. Added all these wonderful embossed white papers that I received in a embossing swap we did over at Craftmad last year. I so love all the textures. The inside square section of the card I placed plain white paper down the centre in case somebody wanted to write a greeting. I butted embossed paper on the edges. I wasn't too happy with the look and discovered the black border sticker in my collection and ran that down the join. I am really happy with effect it created. I was going to have butterflies on the front but decided that the card was looking very masculine so I opted for these wonderful car stickers from the Sticker Store.
The inside of the card.

8 comments:

  1. awesome stuff! GREAT embossing for sure, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    Hope you are well,
    Great card,
    Kaboodle Doodles is having a embossing challenge this week,
    (link on my blog if you need it)
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merry

    Very striking, just proves less can certainly be more.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embossing looks great and I like how the parts inside pop open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi…just stopping by to say hello via the Clips-n-Cuts Birthday Blog Hop…Hope you are having a great day…xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for popping over, Wednesday is a busy day as there's loads to comment on!! Your card's lovely and, would fit into the challenge over on Quirky Crafts (Link on my side bar) !

    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card idea! Thanks for visiting my blog. So nice to hear from stampers from down under!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails