Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Merry Christmas - Stamp Something Challenge


Today's card is for my October Craftmad Swap partner. Hoping she doesn't visit. ;-) This month we are swapping two cards with some form of stitching on the card. I am also entering this into the Stamp Something Challenge which asks for bling.
So I have used a lined (textured) card from Blue Edge Crafts. Background paper is from a magazine. Sorry don't know which one as my Mum has passed it on. I machine stitched around the edge of the paper. The topper image I received in a image swap over at Craftmad....so nice to finally put it to used. I coloured it with my aqua pen and watercolour pencils, and gold pen. The baubles I have decorated with bling and left over pieces from my gold stickers. The greeting is a Letraset rub on. I attached the image to SU Riding Hood Red and then attempted to machine stitch around the edge. I didn't realise until I had finished that the bobbin thread had run out about half way. Duh! So I unpicked what thread there was and used my gold pencil to turn this into faux stitching. :-)
Oops....forgot to mention. I was the lucky winner of Purple Sparkles chocolate wax melts. I soooooo can't wait to receive them as they look terrific.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Merry! Love it, so traditionally and wonderful details! (Love your house mouses cards as well)! Yes Sydney treated us so well, as usual! We will most likely retire there in the future! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the ornaments and stitching...can't believe the paper is from a magazine...looks great!!! Congrats also on your win...eat one for me!! They look divine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win. I love all your little bits of detail. This card has come up great.
    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card , I bet your friends love having you around on their birthdays !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! So glad you could play along with us at Stamp Something this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Merry,I like this stamp very much and love the added detail to the baubles. The paper is super!
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! The stitching and image looks fabulous!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails