Friday, October 23, 2009

Fun Fold Front - Lovely As A Tree - Pick Three Challenge


Morning again everyone.....somehow I just deleted the start of this post and now have to start all over again. Seems to be the way my week has gone so far. I wake up with a plan and then in an hour a phone call or child and I am way off course. :-) Caught up on everyones blog this morning, so great to see all the terrific creations.
I spied this fold for a card on one of the blogs I follow and had to have a try. I spied it over at Inspirational Tips, Techinques, and Tutorials. Valita from Valia's Designs & Fresh Folds created the tutorial for it. I have now been to check out her blog and there are some wonderful ideas on there which I will be returning for.
I have used SU Riding Hood Red for the base card which I have folded the front. I am not lucky enough to own a scor-pal so my lines were not so precise. I then stamped up a tree from the SU Lovely as a Tree set. Cut it out and embossed it with my circle nestabilities then cut out a scalloped edged nestabilities to put behind it. I cut it from SU Creamy Caramel. I added left over sticker centres to the edge of the scallop. Finished with some pearl bling. I think this card still needs a little something.....just not sure what.
I am putting this card into Denise's 'Pick Three Challenge' over at Stamping Vacation. This week we get to choose from the following. I have highlighted what I have used.
1. Puzzle piece
2. Magic Mesh
3. Slide mount
4. Colors that are the names of foods (one food...creamy caramel)
5. Four patterned papers
6. Paper Lace
7. Swirl clip
8. Anything metallic looking
9. An UNcolored stamped image
10. gems

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a cool card. Love it.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun. Thanks for the link, I may have to try it.
    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear ,beauty card and very elegant..hugs Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Those folds make it look so elegant! Not to mention that stamp set is my all time favorite! I feel so honored that you participated in PICK 3 Challenge with such a terrific card! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful........looks fabulous!!! Thanks for the link!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails