Monday, August 31, 2009

Pick 3 Challenge - Stamping Vacation Blog


I have been following Denise's blog 'Stamping Vacation' Denise has these challenges where she lists six items and you pick three to create a card. I have been itching all week to have a go as Denise puts a new list up each day. Finally, yesterday I had the time to play and this is what I came up with.

So I all I had to do was PICK 3! I have highlighted what I chose to use.

1. Any kind of metallic paper
2. Torn edge
3. Vellum
4. Circle tag
5. Anything with wheels
6. Anything with wings

For my card I used a pre-folded card, pink and lilac Majestic Shimmer Papers all from Blue Edge Crafts. I then dug out my heat gun so that I could gold emboss the flourishes. Haven't done that in ages. I then stamped the butterflies on to the card and again on to white card using SU Soft Subtles inkspots. The stamped images are from the SU Priceless set. I cut out the butterflies that I stamped on the white card, folded up the wings and stuck the bodies over the top of the butterflies I had stamped on the card. Then added kindy glitz to the butterflies. I rounded the bottom corners of the card and two corners of the greeting tag. Finished with a Thank You sticker greeting.


For the card above I all I had to do was PICK 3! I have highlighted what I chose to use.

1) Two stamps with the same theme - such as in my card example - FIRE
2) Vellum with a tint to it
3) Red card stock
4) Any corner adornment
5) Anything that starts with a D
6) Chalk

I have used the SU In Colour range of card for this card. The green card I ran through the cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I stamped up the rose and the rose bud from the SU Both Way Blossoms set. Coloured using my aqua brush and watercolour pencils. I rounded two of the toppers corners. To finish I used orange tinted vellum which I also ran through the cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Attached it to the card with four brads.

I am really happy with both of these cards and will definitely be trying out more of Denise's challenges in the future.




4 comments:

  1. these cards are stunning,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the metallic papers on that first card and the embossing really sets this off! The butterflies are gorgeous!

    The second card is so pretty! Love the colors and love the way you used the vellum! Great card!

    Thanks so much for playing along with the PICK 3 challenge. This will count as 2 entries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Merry,what a fantastic job with the challenges!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails