Saturday, August 8, 2009

Flower Pot Cards


I now have seven of this style of cards ready for our market stall next weekend for the Annual Pyramid Race at Gordonvale. I think that SU Coloured Coordinated card packs are just brilliant. They make my life so much easier when I am doing cards like this. I know that if I go to a certain pack that all the colours will look good together......are there any other companies out there that sell coordinated card packs? I would really like to know.
The first card I used the SU Earth Elements set. SU More Mustard is the pot of the card which I have run through the cuttlebug using the 'Forest Branches' embossing folder. I have tied a piece of silk ribbon and added a flower trinket to the top of the pot. The flowers I cut out using my circle and scalloped edged circle nesties. I used SU Pumpkin Pie, SU Ruby Red, SU Cameo Coral and SU Summer Sun to create the flowers. I also ran different parts of the flowers through the cuttlebug using the 'Swiss Dots' folder. The leaves are SU Old Olive and cut free hand then I used the embossing tool to run a line down the centre of each for the vein in leaf. The flowers pull out with an attached tag so that you can write your greeting on there.
The flowerpots in the second photo I used SU Bold Brights set. I started with orange corrugated board for the pots. Added a bit of orange bias and a star split pin to one and natural raffia to the other. The flowers I created as above but this time using SU Yoyo Yellow, SU Only Orange, SU Pixie Pink, SU Orchid Opulence, SU Lovely Lilac. For the leaves I used SU Green Galore.


I am being so spoilt with awards at the moment. The lovely Josefa Laura at Mi Sello Personal has given me this wonderful award. Be sure to check out her blog as her cards are works of arts. Josefa creates all the people on her cards herself from paper and handdrawings...Amazing!!!! Thanks so much Josefa.

8 comments:

  1. great cards Merry - good luck with your stall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowerpot cards are so sweet. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are toooooo cute!!

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merry,
    Thanx for leaving a comment on my blog - I have edited my post to explain a shoebox swap for you.
    LOVE these flowerpots with the embossed fronts - must remember that!!
    Your scarecrow card is amazing BTW - love it! MAy get that image as my mum is a scarecrow nut - LOL
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry, just dropped by from the Cupboard to say thanks for your comment and welcome to my blog. I'm real pleased you found it interesting and I hope informative. Love your cards, I'm sure they will sell well. Hope you'll keep in touch, ikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again, forgot to say, well done on your awards. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Merry, love the flowerpots....Hugs Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are so cute, lovely makes. Hope the stall goes well. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails