Thursday, June 25, 2009

June Sketch Challenge at Craftmad


I made this card for the June sketch challenge over at Craftmad. This is one card I prefer more in real life. The photo hasn't shown up all the textures.

The base card is a white textured card, then the green piece of card the dots are actually raised. I added a strip of cross grain ribbon. The cream card is bazzill bling so has texture and a shine to it. Finally got to use some of my wonderful vellum with my terrific vellum tape. Don't know why I have left it so long to buy vellum tape as it works so well. The flower I found a tutorial on a blog....sorry I can't remember where. If you think it is your blog please let me know and I will add your name. To make the flower I roughly cut out three circles....so just grabbed some paper and cut a circle out ... no lines to follow. Now the best bit...you then crunch each of these pieces up, the more crunched up the better. Then unfold and rub an ink pad around the edge and lightly across the crinkles. Add a split pin to the centre and tadah! you have a flower.

The Bazzill Bling, Textured white and green card and sticker I got from Blue Edge Crafts.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful,love that shade of green and your flowers are beautiful!!! I will have to have a go at making some of these flowers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a wonderful card, Merry. I love green, and the way you have mixed patterns and texture is brilliant!
    Y.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails