Thursday, April 9, 2009

A dangerous chooclate cake

I received this recipe in an email from a friend yesterday. Just had to try it when the kids got home from school.

Ok.... I thought my mugs were on the largest size so made up two of this recipe....1st photo,
2nd photo shows the results.
3rd photo shows results when the recipe is then shared between two of my 'large mugs'.

Yum!!!!!

The most dangerous cake recipe
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons SR flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous). And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night! You are going to print this out straight away, aren't you!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm printing right now. I can live dangerously!!!!! Another recipe that's easy if you don't have all the ingredients is so simple.....
    1 cake mix (that does NOT have pudding in the mix)

    1 can of soda pop .
    That's it. Just mix together and bake as stated on package. Really yummy!!!!
    Now I am off to try yours. Thanks for visiting my blog. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm....sounds interesting.

    So one plain old cake mix and a can of soft drink. I like easy Thanks Sharon and thanks for visiting here also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .......lol......it still looks YUMMY,will have to try this!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I printed this out and will try it. I have a quick to make Chocolate pudding in a mug...if you want it let me know and I will email it to you.


    I've gotta try the cake mix and soda one too!

    prpldy (at) comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Merry - we tried this recipe on the weekend - thanks for the tip about dividing into two serves. We mixed it up in one bowl and divided into two mugs - zapped for 4 mins (we have an old microwave) - voila! yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails