Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenges, Serendipity, Image Swap and Glitter

This card covers two challenge and finally uses an image from an image swap we had last year over at Craftmad. Sorry the picture is a bit yellow, it took 20 photos to get this. The glitter kept blurring in the photo...any tips appreciated. I will have another try today.

I visited one of my friends blogs (Cathy) yesterday and she was showing off a card for a cuttlebug challenge. So I went on to investigate the challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot . The challenge was called "Serendipity #21" which is the technique of making a collage with scraps of paper. I just so happened to have had tried this a couple of years ago and had spare squares already cut. This is when the second challenge came in from Cuttlebug Challenges Inspired #22 - glitter, stamped image and cuttlebug.

This is what I did. I ran lines of double sided tape across and down the card in a grid. Then sprinkled on some blue glitter. Ran my serendipity squares through the cuttlebug using the 'forest branches' embossing folder and then the 'swiss dots' embossing folder. I adhered the squares into the glitter grid. I used water colour pencils to colour in the cupcake and layered this on black board and gold paper. Stamped up the birthday greeting and added to the top of the card.

5 comments:

  1. this is lovely Merry! I like the way you have incorporated the different challenges.

    A hint to take a photo without the yellow tinge - you may need to change your white balance - it may be set to automatic, but may need to be changed to 'light globe' Feel free to email me if you would like any more info. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Cathy....I will have to look up my manual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! And your blog design is just so precious!!
    Thank you for playing with us at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog
    Meda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool technique - and the card is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really neat! I love the grid background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails