Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love is in the air

A late start on here for me this morning. It wasn't raining so I thought it was a good chance to attack my garden that is growing wild. Managed to get two gardens under control but then the sun was heating up and the humidity is not fun. So it is time to be back inside. Yesterday it rained so I had time to create a couple more cards using the Craftmad February sketch challenge.
This first card I had the Cuttlebug Challenge #17 in mind. A Love Card using Cuttlebug. I used the little set I received with my cuttlebug 'Celebration Stamps'. First time I have used them thanks to this challenge. I embossed a piece of Bazzill Bling, a piece of paper that I had cold laminated and lastly red acetate. The base card is SU Wild Wasabi. The handmade paper I created about five years ago which I added orange peelings. Rub-on greeting from Letraset. To finish off I machine sewed around the edge in red.

This card I made using the Craftmad Card Sketch Challenge and Colour Challenge (Cream, Blue and Brown). I used SU Night of Navy as the base card a brown textured paper for the top which I stamped with flourishes from SU Priceless set. The cream squares I cut using the die from the Cuttlebug "Celebrations Stamps' set. On these squares I stamped the heart from the SU Priceless set in Regal Rose, Rose Red and Bravo Burgandy. I machined stitched around the edge of the card and added a Happy Anniversary sticker.

This card is going to my wonderful parents today as they are celebrating their 45th Wedding Anniversary. How amazing is that!

6 comments:

  1. Merry your cards are gorgeous! Glad that our challenge prompted you to use your new 'stamps' - they look great! Thanks for taking part this week at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
    Hugs Mrs Jx
    P.S. Congrats to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry your cards are beautiful! Love the handmade paper! And reading about your garden gives me Spring Fever, can't wait to start working in mine!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so beautiful Merry!!!

    thank you for the incredible inspiration @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! Glad you joined us this week at CB Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card, the colours are great
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Cuttlehugs
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you participate and use your new stamps..
    Thank you so much your card will be featured on 2/12/09 on
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails