Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone - 2009

Good morning everyone, hope the New Year is treating you well so far. We had a quiet family night at home playing Cluedo and Triominos and then watching the Sydney fireworks on tele. I did manage a little sleep-in but everyone else is still sleeping away.

This card is my first attempt of a Splitcoaster Colour Challenge They nominated three SU cardstock colours to use on your card. I think I will be doing more of these in the future as they will get me using different combination to what I normally think of . The three colours we had to use were So Saffron, Handsome Hunter and Bravo Burgandy. I ended up creating this card for my daughters 13th birthday which is on the 12th of January. The best bit was that I created it while she was sitting at this computer which in the same room as my crafting desk. :-)

Things I used:
SU cardstock Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgandy, Always Artichoke
So Saffron paper
Retro Flower punches....Large and Medium
Kindy Glitz
Swirl ...offcut from a craftrobo project
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Forest Branches
Number stickers which I coloured black with permanent markers and then smudge gold ink on top of that.
Letraset rubon - Birthday girl
As for the photos of this card....I think that it looks better in real life. The kindy glitz doesn't show up too nicely here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails