Saturday, January 31, 2009

Distress - Cuttlebug Challange #16


After this challenge I am not sure who or what was more distressed - me or the card. :-) I don't normally distress things and wasn't going to share this but my daughter came in and liked it. So thought I might as well show off my attempt. Practice, practice I think.

The cuttlebug challenge this week was to add distress as part of the texture. I had already cut out this VW bug decoupage from a magazine and thought why not distress it. So I used SU Bashful Blue as the base card which I cuttlebug embossed with swiss dots. Then inked around the edges of everything with Staz-on Timber Brown and dragged it across the top. I then attached the background image with four brass eyelets. Next I layered up the car, the body image I used my swiss dots cuttlebug again. The front fenders and side mirrors I crumpled up and then opened them up and wipe them across the Timber Brown ink. Something else was needed so I went through my scraps and made up the flag which I used 'Cheers' rub-on from Letraset.

10 comments:

  1. what a cute car! your daughter is right - it's terrific!! thanks for joining us this week on the cuttlebug challenge!
    http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super, love it. Thanks for joining in the cuttlebug challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been doing your wonderful blog hop. Had a ball, thanks for the fun and inspiration along the way.

    Go to www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com to join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love it.

    Thanks for joining the challenge at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ this week.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Merry, I'm so glad you decided to post this for the Cuttlebug Challenges Blogspot! Your daughter was right - it's fab (but then I have a soft spot for 'Bugs' anyway, lol!). Your distressing is just perfect! So glad that you are enjoying our Luv Bug weekend too!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely adorable card in every way! how incredibly creative!

    thanks for the inspiration over @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how adorable!
    Thank you for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! Great job with the distressing challenge!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie
    You will be featured on http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    on 2/5/o9

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails